[U-Boot-Users] bootargs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 26 14:30:45 CET 2004

In message <E1B6qcy-00011A-Er at sc8-sf-list1.sourceforge.net> you wrote:

> My board has 2 x E28F128J3A150 Intel Strata flash devices at
> 0x08000000 and a seperate 1Mbyte AMD flash (containing u-boot) at
> 0x00000000. How do I configure u-boot to identify all of my flash
> devices?

Adapt the flash driver for your board to initialize both banks.

> Does u-boot use CFI to detect flash devices?

You can use the CFI driver or a custom driver just as you like.

> I want to use jffs2 root file system on Strata flash
> If u-boot is unaware of the other (i.e.Strata) flash will that affect the kernel using jffs2 and mtd subsystem?

U-Boot must at least initialize the memory controller,  and  normally
it should report the location (address) and size to the Linux kernel.

> Currently when I do flinfo it only returns information about the 1Mbyte flash!

Which means your flash driver is incomplete.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
panic: kernel trap (ignored)