[U-Boot-Users] How to do patch against on-line repository

Shlomo_Kut at mksinst.com Shlomo_Kut at mksinst.com
Sun Mar 28 16:57:23 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am in the process preparing a patch for our new board.I have successfully
logged on and performed a checkout of the head into directory u-boot. I now
want to copy my changes to this directory and generate a patch.

How do I tell CVS to do a diff against the remote database?

If I enter diff -purN even while logged into remote database it gives me
differences against my local system

Is there some command option that you can give to diff to tell it to do a
difference against source forges database?

Am I forced to check my new u-boot directory into my local CVS and add the
changes do a diff on my local machine?

What do you recommend I do?

regards

Shlomo Kut

Software Engineer
MKS Instruments
Tenta Products
Tel: 972-8-9181015
Fax: 972-8-9181020
www.mksinst.com

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential information.  Any review,
dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or
entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the
material from any computer.