[U-Boot-Users] initializing environment buffer in flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 30 16:00:34 CEST 2004

In message <200403301343.i2UDh7Ug029908 at mxsf27.cluster1.charter.net> you wrote:

> I am saving my environment to flash and relocating it from flash to ram when uboot starts.  After I burn the flash, and run uboot, I noticed that the environment that was relocated had garbage data in it.  I need to figure out if my build is incorrect,

Please restrict your line length to some 70 characters or so.

Your build is obviously incorrect, as it doesn't run correctly ;-)

> and if not, how can I define a buffer in uboot that is located at a fixed address, and is intialized to all zeros

You can create a data aobject of sufficient size and edit the  linker
sript to place it where you like, but I cannot see a valid reason why
you  would  want to do that. If you need zeroed RAM, just use data in
BSS.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we  can  think
about."                                                 - B. L. Whorf