[U-Boot-Users] Support POST on MPC824x_based board

Birkin Shen birkin_shen at usish.com
Wed Mar 31 12:01:05 CEST 2004

Dear all:

I make our MPC824x_based board support POST, but not support watchdog POST.

I add a item "unsigned long post_word" in struct global_data in include/asm-ppc/global_data.h instead of the macro CPM_POST_WORD_ADDR such as in function post_word_load() in file cpu/mpc8260/commproc.c.

Since all items in global_data struct gd_t will be initiated to "0" after reboot, the post_word can't remember whether the watchdog POST has been executed. So, watchdog POST can't be supported.

I try to find a free 32 bits register in MPC824x to place the post_word, but I can't find the gold register. :(

Now, my poor POST can support Memory,CPU,I2C,RTC. I also added the Cache,UART to the POST list, but I still have no chance to debug my codes of Cache and UART POST in our board (our board is being used to debug linux drivers now.).

I'm not sure of my method. Any advice will be welcome, really.

Regards, Birkin