[U-Boot-Users] relocation problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 4 19:14:33 CEST 2004

Dear Petre,

in message <1083689181.17650.28.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

>         My name is Petre Pircalabu and I'm a student in Bucharest,
> Romania. I'm currently trying to port U-Boot 1.1.1 to an Xscale board
> based on the PXA255 processor.I used the Csb226 board as starting place,
> I modified the memsetup.S file according to my board.(I tested the
> memory writing and reading a value to/from the SDRAM, and then I used
> the FFUART as an output).
>         The program work well until it should jump to start_armboot
> (/cpu/pxa/start.S:175). What intrigues me the most is that when i try to
> read a value from SDRAM (where the program should be after relocation -
> 0xa1fe0000 and higher, i get only 0's ).
>
>         If you have any suggestion, please help me

Did you read the archives? Did you?

This is a FAQ, and the answer is: your SDRAM initialization is broken.

No, I'm not going to explain it today. Look it up in the archives.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If programming was easy, they wouldn't need something as  complicated
as a human being to do it, now would they?
                       - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_