[U-Boot-Users] U-boot on MBX860-002

Herbert Thielen u-boot at thielen-home.de
Mon May 10 17:44:33 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 21:45, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <200404272059.00964.u-boot at thielen-home.de> you wrote:
> >
> > I've got an older Motorola MBX board "MBX860-002" (assembly number
> > 01-W3269F02C) which I'd like to use for U-Boot/Linux.
> > Was anybody out there successful in running U-Boot on a MBX board? Any
> > hint?
>
> Obviously.

Hm, I was inaccurate, sorry.
There are many versions and releases of MBX860 boards; to make my life
easier, I was searching for somebody with exactly the same assembly
number "01-W3269F02C" (i.e., the C stepping of this board version).

In between I've access to some later steppings (01-W3269F02E,
01-W3269F02G), where U-Boot is working (after changing
CONFIG_8xx_GCLK_FREQ from 50MHz to 40MHz in MBX.h).

> > Any ideas are welcome.
>
> You did read "doc/README.MBX", didn't you?

Yes, thanks for the hint.
For the old C-stepping of the board I'll need CFG_USE_OSCCLK, as the
customer letter mbxa_lt1.pdf tells that up to the C stepping, a 32.768
KHz crystal was used as frequency source for all MPC860 functions.

I made some trials even with fixed values for PLPCR and BRGC1, but up to
now I wasn't lucky. Somewhat hard without BDM debugger.

As I've got a working board for the moment, I'll solve this problem
later and tell the results.

Best regards

	Herbert.