[U-Boot-Users] [Patch] commonspartan

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 13 18:14:00 CEST 2004

In message <20040513144612.GR27774 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> * Patch by Kai-Uwe Bloem, Robert Schwebel, 13 May 2004:
>   When code is compiled without -fsigned-char compiler
>   claims about 'always false due to limited data type'.
>   This patch doesn't change functionality but makes it
>   work on fussy 2.95.3-arm compilers.
	char  val;
> -				(*fn->wr) ((val < 0), TRUE, cookie);
> +				(*fn->wr) ((val & 0x80), TRUE, cookie);

Actually I don't like the idea of testing the MSB when I really  want
to  test for <0; maybe the correct way to fix this warning is to make
val a "signed char" instead?

What do you think?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
There are three things I always forget. Names, faces -  the  third  I
can't remember.                                         - Italo Svevo