[U-Boot-Users] [Patch] cmdbootz

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 13 20:12:06 CEST 2004

In message <20040513171209.GU27774 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> I've attached a version that tries to encapsulate the ARM specific stuff
> into CONFIG_ARM ifdefs; as I don't have any PowerPC toolchains here,
> could somebody with access to one and better knowledge about PPC kernel
> start mechanisms have a look at how things had to be done there?

I think this is not the right way to implement this -- as  far  as  I
can see most of this is duplicated code from "lib_arm/armlinux.c". if
we  continue  that way and duplicate the code for other architectures
as well we will and up with - well, a lot of duplicated code.

May I ask you to factor out the relevant code in "lib_arm/armlinux.c"
so we have a set of functions which can be used by both the bootm and
bootz commands?

And maybe we don't need to do even this - probably cmd_bootm.c can be
split in a "header checking" and a "boot the image part"  -  so  that
the  "bootm"  command  uses  both,  and  "bootz"  ignores  the header
checking.

Anyway - I think you get the idea: please do not  duplicate  lots  of
existing code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Name one thing windows is better than unix in?
                                          Making money for Microsoft?
         -- Randal L. Schwartz in <8cvi5t4c3t.fsf at gadget.cscaper.com>