[U-Boot-Users] sh3 port

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun May 16 22:03:57 CEST 2004

Dear Evgeni,

in message <40A751C7.3030705 at developer.bg> you wrote:

> I am interested in porting das U-Boot for the SH3 CPU architecture.
> Does such an effort already exist ?  When not what would be a good
> starting point?

I don't klnow anything about attempts for a SH3 port; your work  will
be welcome.

Starting point... read the README, read the code. Use a debugger  and
follow  the  initialization  on a board of your choice, preferrably a
PowerPC board. If you need a reference, use PowerPC (ARM and MIPS did
a few things wrong, like memory map  and  relocation).  If  you  have
questions, ask here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If it went on at this rate, in several billion  years  he'd  be  rich
beyond his wildest dreams!            - Terry Pratchett, _Soul Music_