[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_SILENT_CONSOLE & early printf's

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Wed May 19 01:52:55 CEST 2004

Greetings

Having enabled the above config item, I'm silenced all late boot and
Linux messages.

Any clues as to the 'correct' way to silence the early boot (i.e. prior
to defining stdin/stdout handling) messages? Should I set the silent
flag at the point of reading the baudrate (in libppc/board.c) and obey
it in common/console/put[s|c] when stdout is not defined? I'm not sure
if the global (gd structure) environment is large enough when running in
flash to do this...

Environment is mpc8xx system running 1.0.0 u-boot.

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer          Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand