[U-Boot-Users] CPM on 8250 board seems stuck.

Subodh Nijsure SNijsure at SkyStream.com
Wed May 19 02:44:46 CEST 2004

Hello,

To debug this we wrote a routine to enable the RISC timer on the CPM.

We verify it that this timer is actually getting counted down. This
tells us that CPM is running.

However in the file cpm/mpc8260/serial_scc.c as soon as following line of
code is executed

      tbdf->cdb_sc |= BD_SC_READY;

the RISC timers stops counting.

So somehow it appears that the transmit buffer descriptor that we are
setting up for CPM to transmit data on SCC1 appears to be "invalid"?

The CPM-RAM address that can be used is defined in
include/asm-ppc/cpm_8260.h (definition of CPM_DATAONLY_BASE) so we moved its
location around to 0x3000, also changing
CPM_DATA_ONLY_SIZE also, but it had no effect.

I am sending question to folks at Motorola but if someone has encountered
this before, please do let me know what could be the possible reason, that
CPM gets stuck momemnt we mark tx descriptor is valid. Since the
CPM at this point processing the RISC timer, I think CPM is getting the
clocked correctly...

-Subodh Nijsure