[U-Boot-Users] (Newbie) MPS8272ADS image layout

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Thu May 20 21:00:16 CEST 2004

> Looking at he .srec file, it appears that the image is to be
> loaded at 0xfff00000 . The configuration words are based
> there and _start is placed beyond them, at the image + 0x0100 .
>
> The ADS board I am working with has the standard 8MB flash
> SIMM, which when the board boots from flash is mapped
> beginning at 0xff800000.

The flash is mapped to 0xff800000 but the CPU starts executing at
0xfff00100 (reset vector)
0xfff000000 contains the Hardware Configuration word.

The HRCW is what decides the reset vector address, and ont eh motorola
ADS boards, theis is eityher feced from FLASH, or from a PLD, depening
om a board jumper/switch.

Flash the image at an offset so that when booting from FLASH SIMM, the
image is located at 0xfff00000
(When booting from EEPROM, find out the SIMM flash base address, and
program at an offset of 0x00700000 into it)