[U-Boot-Users] mpc8xx RTC questions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 25 10:06:59 CEST 2004

In message <20040525011243.40738.qmail at web15212.mail.bjs.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> When setting "#define CONFIG_RTC_MPC8xx" ,how could I
> do in my hardware scheme to make it really work?I mean
> what kind of battery(Capacity and Type) and how to
> connect it with 8xx?Someone said HW must monitor the

This is a hardware design question and far beyond the topics of  this
mailing  list.  I'm  pretty sure you can find some refernce design on
the Motorola web pages.

> power status and before power failed SW could set 8xx
> into powerdown mode for keeping 8xx RTC still work
> with battery.Is this so?

See the MPC8xx User's Manual, section "Clocks and Power Control".

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
God grant me the senility to accept the things I cannot  change,  The
frustration  to  try to change things I cannot affect, and the wisdom
to tell the difference.