[U-Boot-Users] Rephrased Initrd and RAM

Petre Pircalabu petrica at ict-rom.com
Wed May 26 20:29:55 CEST 2004

I will try to rephrase my last question (sorry for my pour
communications skills)

In order for the Linux kernel to use the initrd, where it
should be located, in RAM or in FLASH? The parameter given
by
u-boot to the kernel (e.g setenv bootargs
initrd=0x120000,4M) is the address where initrd.img (the
one compressed and mkimaged) is stored  or u-boot is
responsible for [decompressing the image and] copying it to
RAM?

One other question :about the variable initrd_copy_to_ram ,
is it set only when initrd_high is defined in the bootargs?
why?

Thank you,

Petre Pircalabu