[U-Boot-Users] ...another question from the 8240 Newbie

workndude workndude2003 at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 00:29:20 CEST 2004

the newbie humbly approaches (in ASCII):

So following "very little inspection of the code", a
copy was made of the CU824 files from the CVS source.

The 16550 base, register spacing and clock was
specified and U-Boot starts to come up! ...but it
stops at the flash:

U-Boot 1.1.2 (May 26 2004 - 13:40:56)
CPU:   MPC8240 Revision 1.1 at 247.500 MHz: 16 kB
I-Cache 16 kB D-Cache
Board: CU824 Revision 255 Local Bus at 99 MHz
DRAM:  64 MB
FLASH: *** failed ***
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

The numerous available flash.c files specify very
interesting configurations. ...but all I have a single
512k x 8 AMD 29f040 at 0xFFF00000.

I would be most grateful for further direction.
Searching the archives has only led me to compile with
several different flash.c files...

Regards,