[U-Boot-Users] ELF image for U-Boot

Devraj Mukherjee lugs at eternitytechnologies.com
Mon Nov 1 01:29:27 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

I managed to get U-Boot compiled for a LPD7A400, thanks to the patches
that I got out of the list serve. Once compiled I got u-boot.bin, u-boot
and u-boot.srec. I also got u-boot.map and System.map

I read around a bit and it seems to me that u-boot is the elf image for
u-boot. When I load it on as an elf, our board does not want to accept
it. I was just wondering if I have to combine System.map in anyway with
the binary images to make a proper elf image?

Any leads are welcome. Thanks

Devraj

Devraj Mukherjee, Eternity Technologies Pty. Ltd. Australia
Host: Debian (Sarge) 3.1 Kernel 2.4.27-1-686 / GCC version 3.3.5
Target: LPD7A400 (ARM9) LogicPD eval. board / ARM GCC 3.3 GlibC 2.3.2