[U-Boot-Users] Adding Commands in the U-Boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 4 10:58:20 CET 2004

In message <3D9FDCA910DD4445896A0BE5ECF009D40189F132 at bla.satyam.com> you wrote:

> 	I want to Add new User commands in the u-boot code, If any body
> knows how to add the Commands, Please let me know how to do.

Please explain which parts of the doc/README.commands file you cannot
understand, so I can improve the existing documentation.

> e.g I want to ADD THE Command 'msg', which when written on the CLI(Command
> Line Interface) Prints some message.

What would be  the  difference  between  your  new  command  and  the
existing "echo" command (apart from the name)?

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If a computer can't directly address all the RAM you can  use,  it's
just a toy."         - anonymous comp.sys.amiga posting, non-sequitir