[U-Boot-Users] malloc usage

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 4 15:11:51 CET 2004

In message <20041104111718.44418.qmail at web15601.mail.cnb.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Is there a limit for the amount of memory allocated by
> "molloc" in u-boot? I have the following problem.

Yes, the limit is defined by CFG_MALLOC_LEN (and of  course  by  your
actual RAM size).

> If I request memory of 2112 bytes, malloc returns a
> non-NULL pointer which means the memory is
> successfully allocated. But u-boot doesn't work as
> expected. I have set CFG_MALLOC_LEN to a very big

Please explain what "doesn't work as expected" means.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Military secrets are the most fleeting of all.
	-- Spock, "The Enterprise Incident", stardate 5027.4