[U-Boot-Users] tftp produces bad header checksum ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 4 17:39:22 CET 2004

In message <200411040809.16589.kevin.bailey at ind.alcatel.com> you wrote:

> Metrowerks=> bootp 4000000

0x4000000 is 64 MB - how much RAM is on your board?

> Metrowerks=> iminfo
> ## Checking Image at 04000000 ...
>    Bad Header Checksum

Try:

	md 04000000

and post the rsults...

> Does one have to build tftp images in a different way ?

This looks OK to me. Try a hexdump of the first 64 bytes of the image
on your build host, and then of the loaded file in U-Boot. Compare.

Maybe you have a memory corruption problem.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If I don't document something, it's usually either for a good reason,
or a bad reason.  In this case it's a good reason.  :-)
                 - Larry Wall in <1992Jan17.005405.16806 at netlabs.com>