[U-Boot-Users] Univesal bootloader in 2 stages

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Fri Nov 5 14:22:16 CET 2004

Others have replied with more authority than I have, but I would like to
point out that your "I stage++" exactly describes u-boot (the "++" being
the running from RAM part) and your "II stage" exactly describes booting
linux.  You already have exactly what you asked for.  Pour the bits into
the board and It Just Works[tm] (after a little porting and debugging if
you have new hardware ;-).

The current boot organization is going to be hard or impossible to
improve.  If you wish to do so, feel free -- that is the beauty of Open
Source -- but you aren't likely to get a lot of help since you are
solving a problem that others have already solved and are happy with the
existing solution.

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of
IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.