[U-Boot-Users] Re: Porting u-boot-1.1.1 to PPC8248/8247 PPCs (Detlev Zundel)

Bastos Fernandez Alexandre ALEBAS at televes.com
Thu Nov 11 09:01:17 CET 2004

Hi,

Appart from the ATM/UTOPIA support, is there any other relevant difference
between those two cores (the MPC8248 and the MPC8272)? I have checked the
doc from freescale and I haven't found it.

Now, I am using the MPC8272 core without the ATM features, but soon I will
be using the MPC8248. I have always thought that both, uboot and the linux
kernel would be both usable in the new core with the MPC8272 port. Am I
wrong? Is a new port necessary for this core?

Best regards,

Alex