[U-Boot-Users] EP8260 command prompt does not appear

Nishant Galange nishant.subs at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 12 14:10:59 CET 2004

Hi all,

   I am trying boot ep8260 board using u-boot. I have successfully erased the planetcore bootloader and programmed u-boot (debug build) into the flash. The command prompt does not come up, the messages halt at "New Stack Pointer is: 03f37f48". That's exactly the place in u-boot where the code has been relocated to RAM.

Can anyone help me - what could be the reason and how to proceed? And also what are the debugging tools we can use to debug?

Can the codewarrior with wiretap be used for debugging?

As I am fairly new to u-boot, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nishant