[U-Boot-Users] on board flash of sbc8260 board

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Nov 16 21:11:43 CET 2004

	From: u-boot-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:u-boot-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of duo dong
	Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 6:11 PM
	To: u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
	Subject: [U-Boot-Users] on board flash of sbc8260 board

	Does anyone download u-boot to on board flash of sbc8260 board?
	I'm not sure if the u-boot can be donwload to this flash and
board can use it to boot. it seems that the flash SIMM has an issue on
my board, so I plan to download u-boot to on board flash. If it can be
done, please let me know what configuration changes should I make.

	Thanks,

	DD

today!

_______________________________

Yes, it can be done.  You will have to swap CS0 <-> CS6 configuration
information everywhere (especially BR0/OR0 and BR6/OR6 initialization).
You will have to change the HRCW definition in the
include/configs/sbc8260.h file (the width of the on-board flash is 2
bytes wide vs. 4 bytes, I haven't reviewed anything else in the HRCW)

After you get all the software switched, switch the CS0/CS6 hardware
jumpers.

Don't forget the last step: send Wolfgang a patch ;-).

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of
IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.