[U-Boot-Users] FEC problem on mpc852T

Carl Yang cyang at rocketmail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:53:54 CET 2004

Hi,

I am having some problems getting the FEC to work, perhaps someone on
the list has seen something like it and can help me out?

In my setup, I connected my board directly to a host via crossover
Ethernet cable.  From the serial console connected to my board, I
typed "ping 172.10.18.59."  On the host, I ran Ethereal and I can
see my ARP request packet and also the host responded.  I think
as soon as the ARP response packet is recieved by FEC, the serial
console locked up and on my telnet bdi session, I can see that
there is a machine check failure.  From the telnet bdi session,
I then checked out the I_EVENT register and I saw that the
EBERR bit is set (Ethernet bus error occured.  Indicates that
a bus error occured when the FEC wss accessing the U-bus.

By the way, this is on u-boot 1.1.1.

Regards,
Carl Yang