[U-Boot-Users] Paged memory?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 22 10:43:33 CET 2004

In message <41A1A1C5.3040301 at castlecaretech.plus.com> you wrote:

> We are developing a custom board using the Blackfin processor and would
> like to use U-boot if possible.
> We have 8 Meg of flash that is split into 8 * 1 Meg pages, the pages
> being controlled by some programmable io pins.
> Is this sort of memory architecture supported by u-boot?

Yes - you will have to take care of this in your  flash  driver,  and
either  accept  the  fact that the memory commands ("md" and friends)
can operate only on the current page [maybe you add a custoim command
for page select], or extend the memory commands to auto-select pages.

I don't know enough about the BF  processor  -  maybe  you  can  also
configure the memory controller to present you a virtual view of flat
memory?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Of all possible committee reactions to any  given  agenda  item,  the
reaction  that will occur is the one which will liberate the greatest
amount of hot air.                                -- Thomas L. Martin