[U-Boot-Users] Can the CPU load from flash without configuring it first?

Peter Asemann peter.asemann at web.de
Tue Nov 23 15:40:36 CET 2004

Well, I think it *must* be that way, but to be sure I ask this probably
question, though:

If a MPC875 starts, it will try to boot from the device selected by
chip-select 0 (CS0), unless otherwise stated in the hard reset
configuration word.
It will then try to access a flash/eprom/something device via the "GPCM"
memory controller.
In order for this to work, the GPCM of the CPU must be possible to
access a flash/eprom without prior configuration when booting.

Is that right?

Best regards,

Peter Asemann