[U-Boot-Users] Error in saving the Env varibles on the flash

pankaj goyal nsit.pankaj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 16:03:16 CET 2004

Hi all,
          I m using the U-boot for the arm 926ej processor.For that I
want to save enviorment variable on the flash and I m using the flash
of 16MB with the base address of the flash is 0x30000000 and the flash
is bottom boot type with the sector size is 128KB and the parameter
sector size 32KB.When I use the second parameter sector to store the
envoirnment variable in the flash I m getting the error "Error: start
and/or end address not on sector boundary".When I explore the code I
found out the in the function flash_fill_sector_range in the file
'u-boot/comman/cmd_flash.c'  the range is checked for the each sector
and the parameter sector is not being considered to determine the
number of sector to unprotect them .Can some one please tell me it
this an error in the code or i m specifying the parameter sector in
the wrong way.

bye