[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_BOOTBINFUNC for AT91RM9200

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Tue Nov 23 16:42:54 CET 2004

Dear Wolfgang,

is there a standard way in U-Boot to prevent to the startup code from relocating
into RAM?

I know that arm920t figures out the currebt address. compares it to _TEXT_BASE
and decides wether to relocate or not.

relocate:				/* relocate U-Boot to RAM	    */
	adr	r0, _start		/* r0 <- current position of code   */
	ldr	r1, _TEXT_BASE		/* test if we run from flash or RAM */
	cmp     r0, r1                  /* don't reloc during debug         */

So there might be no need for a define like CFG_DONT_RELOCATE. But how about
other cpus?

(I am asking cause you wrapped the relocate code in cpu/at91rm9200/start.S with
CONFIG_BOOTBINFUNC instead of using the above technique.

Thanks,

Steven