[U-Boot-Users] u-boot compilation problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 26 11:02:43 CET 2004

In message <20041126085345.30072.qmail at web8509.mail.in.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>   Ya I agree that address is wrong 0x000007fc0. Actually in the U-boot example directory Makefile there is a macro LOAD_ADDR. I wanted the hellow_world program to load at address 0x00007fc0. Hence I thought that by changing this macro i may be able to a

Please use shorter lines!! Read the Netiquette!

Are you sure that there is free memory at this  address??  What  does
your memory map look like?

> chive my objective. Is my asumption correct? I am relocating the u-boot code at address 0x0078000. Also When i am going through the U-boot examples directory Makfile I find that hello_world is not getting linked  with libcommon.a which is having this pr
> intf. So i tried also linking with libcommon.a but it seems it has a lot of dipendencies on other libraries. I donot suspect the tool chain becouse the U-boot builds and also runs fine when i remove the compilation of example directory. I want to compil

Please don;t try to do thinks which you don't understand.  Standalone
applications do not link against the U-boot libraries. Please RTFM.

For a start, read doc/README.standalone

> Also I want the printf in Hello_world so that i can see some output on my console.

Why don't you just leave the code as is? It is working fine  in  it's
current state. Your modifications just broke it.

Please note that in my previous message I wrote:

> NEVER, NEVER ever post HTML again!

AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????

> Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life partneronline.
> --0-359146068-1101459225=:30010
>
> <DIV>Hi,</DIV>

It is a requirement on this mailing list that you DO NOT POST HTML.

Please accept this rule.

DO NOT POST HTML.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
We call our dog Egypt, because in every room he leaves a pyramid.