[U-Boot-Users] Re: Problem building U-boot for RpxLite with Mpc823e

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 27 02:44:42 CET 2004

Dear Raphael,

in message <200411261222.22768.ccool at ninjatech.biz> you wrote:

> Thanks for the advice, but for some reason, both (CW and DW) version did'nt
> work on their own.  I had to use the RPXlite config and settings, but with
> the flash.c from the RPXlite_DW.  There must be something else I have to do
> because I cannot write on the flash.  The "saveenv" command does'nt work.

You should start by preparing an inventory of what board you actually
have, which processor is on it, what's  the  flah  configuration  is,
etc.

> I know it is weird, but when I was using the RPXlite_DW config, U-boot could
> not start.  When I used RPXlite, I started, but got stuck on the flash memory

That's not weird, it's what's to be expected as result of erratic and
unsystematic actions. Please try to understand  your  hardware  first
before making any adaptions of the configuration.

> detection and I had a little warning saying that the processor is not the
> same as specified.  That's why I changed it by replacing
> #define CONFIG_MPC850
> by
> #define CONFIG_MPC823
> in the RPXlite.h file, but I'm still having a warning.

Don't you think that it might have been helpful if you  had  included
the precise text of the warning in your posting?

Also, it should be fairly trivial to have a look at  your  board  and
read which type is printed on the processor.

> So, to conclude, can someone help me about the flash memory problem.  I would
> really like to understand this problem.  Also, if someone knows the right
> settings to "remove" the processor warning, I'm all ears.

How could we know? Do we have access to your hardware, or who has?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
HEALTH WARNING: Care Should Be Taken When Lifting This Product, Since
Its Mass, and Thus Its Weight, Is Dependent on Its Velocity  Relative
to the User.