[U-Boot-Users] Re: Problem about Image Linux-2.4.25 running on Lite5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 27 10:56:14 CET 2004

In message <1101526793.8639.12.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

>   I burn Uboot to Lite5200 board, and build the Linux-2-4.25 with
> following steps:
>  Then I download and run kernel as following :
>  After this, the linux kernel stop at the following lines:

Actually all this is off topic here... LInux questions go to  another
mailing list, please.

>      Freeing unused kernel memory: 76k init
>      Warning: unable to open an initial console.
> Could you give me some tips about how to solve the situation,thanks.

The situation can be solved by reading the error messages, and trying
to understand what they  might  mean.  "unable  to  open  an  initial
console"  means that the kernel was not able to open the /dev/console
device. Why not? Maybe it does not exist? Did you check if there is a
/dev/console in your target's root filesystem?

<speculation on>
You are using the ELDK but did not read / follow  the  documentation,
i.  e. you did not run the ELDK_MAKEDEV scriot (and probably also not
the ELDK_FIXOWNER script). Please see
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/ELDKMountingTargetComponentsViaNFS
</speculation off>

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Calm down, it's *__only* ones and zeroes.