[U-Boot-Users] PPC4xx: SDRAM detection (bug?)

Andrew E. Mileski andrewm at isoar.ca
Sun Nov 28 00:09:23 CET 2004

llandre wrote:

> As you suggested I had a look at spd_sdram.c.

I've spent a lot of time in this file from the 1.0.2 codebase.  I've
re-written the 44X code in this file to increase the detection ability,
and fixed some obvious errors and typos too.

Example from 1.1.1 (off the top of my head): line 1077

The code seems to have come from IBM originally, but hasn't kept in sync
with it.  The IBM code has some of the same errors and typos.  Both have
detection code that is _very_ limited.  They only check for what the IBM
manual describes as recommended settings for TR1.  I've found these are
rarely adequate.

I'm not 100% confident in my code yet, but I'd highly recommend looking
at TR1 if you are having problems.

--
Andrew E. Mileski