[U-Boot-Users] U-boot on OMAP 1510 Innovator board

riya punjabi riya_mp at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 09:56:48 CET 2004

Thanks for the reply.
As you said re-assigning TEXT_BASE won't work. But
why?
Truly speaking I don't know exactly how the U-boot
booting process happens, I mean i don't know how it is
loaded in differrent stages and where.... Can you plz
suggest some tutorial for the same....I couldn't find
one.
I had changed TEXT_BASE since I assumed that after
power-on the system reads from location 0x00000000. So
I had changed the TEXT_BASE address so that the system
would read from location 0x00000000 where I have
placed my u-boot.

You had also mentioned that u r using a different tool
chain. Which one is that?
It would be really helpful for me if you list out the
steps for building u-boot and the memory switch
settings. Also it would be great if you can specify
how to convert a .srec or .bin file to .m0 file.
Also, what's the difference between booting through
rrload and booting through U-boot.

--Riya.

>Riya-
>
>I'm not sure about the rest of the procedure, as I
use a >different
>toolchain
>and hardware, but I see a serious problem with the
>following step:
>
>5. vi board/omap1510inn/config.mk
>   Here I have changed the line:
>        TEXT_BASE = 0x11080000
>   Replaced it with:
>        TEXT_BASE = 0x00000000
>
>In doing this, you're re-assigning TEXT_BASE, part of
>the memory U-Boot
>runs
>in, from RAM to Flash memory.  This simply won't
work.  >Do you have a