[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for pxa255

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 30 12:55:32 CET 2004

In message <eae046ff04113002393bdde623 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Now to boot from the image, I'm planning to do the following,
>
> 1> Copy the Image from the flash to the RAM,
> 2> and then give the control to the image location in RAM (using the
> bootm command).

No. "bootm" will automatically load the image no matter where it  is.
There is no need for an additional copy to RAM.

> Finally the board has to boot from the harddisk, and the IDE is
> interfaced to the CPU through GPIOs,
> Is there any code in which the IDE initialization is done using the
> GPIOs, since we are not getting how to give the IDE_BASE_ADDR.

All existing code assumes that there is  a  way  to  access  the  IDE
controll,  status and data registers. I have no idea what you mean by
"using GPIOs" or how you can access an IDE controller that way.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If the hours are long enough and the pay  is  short  enough,  someone
will say it's women's work.