[U-Boot-Users] PCI cards known to work on the LITE5200

Jonas Mark-r50740 Mark.Jonas at freescale.com
Fri Oct 1 16:46:42 CEST 2004

Hello John and Olivier,

as I understand your post you've roughly done what I proposed and it should work according to my experience.

What I do not understand is how you shifted the clock by 27ns. To my experience clock buffers only allow shifting a clock in the range of hundreds of Pico seconds in both directions. This is adjusted by the difference in capacitive load of the reference output and the load on the other outputs. Please refer to the datasheet of your clock buffer for more details. Please also make sure that the reference output is not connected to a PCI device but that you use one of the other outputs.

Are you sure that the resolution of your measurement system is high enough that you can detect timing differences less than Nano seconds?

Did you measure that you now have a Tval of 3ns or is that based on calculations? Did you consider the capacitive load of the PCI connector and card?

So far I measured Tval against the C/BE signals. Does that yield the same result? Can you send me a screenshot showing the PCI clock, C/BE and AD moving? Did you measure Tval at the other signals as well?

When adjusting Tval please try to reach 2ns as close as possible. If you adjust the clock to much MPC5200 will have problems when reading from a PCI target.

Regards
Mark