[U-Boot-Users] pagetable / BDI2000 question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 4 00:40:35 CEST 2004

In message <loom.20041002T163523-199 at post.gmane.org> you wrote:
> This is not specifically a u-boot question, but involves some things that
> knowledgeable u-boot person may have insight into.

Actually this is 100% off topic here.

> initialization our system bridge chip (Marvell 64360 / DiscoveryII) is
> remapped to a new virtual address (via the ioremap() kernel call).  At that
> point the new virtual address returns bad data.
>
> Physical address is: 0xF1000000
> Original virtual address:  0xF1000000
> Remapped virtual address:  0xEF5F0000

0xEF5F0000 is obviously a bogus address. How  exactly  did  you  call
ioremap() ?

And why do you have (and need) an "original virtual address" at all?

> Here is the key question:  How is it possible that the same location in memory
> accessed via the BDI2000 and accessed programmatically return DIFFERENT values.

The BDI2000 (through the telnet interface) uses physical addresses.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn
what it is I'll get married again."                  - Clint Eastwood