[U-Boot-Users] Re: sc520 problems with objcopy

Aras Vaichas arasv at magellan-technology.com
Thu Oct 7 01:29:16 CEST 2004

Aras Vaichas wrote:
> I've been porting to an sc520 based board and I've had several compiler
> and linker issues which I think I have solved. The problem now is that
> objcopy never finishes and uses all available memory. I have to kill the
> process otherwise it starts to try and use all virtual memory as well.

Looking at past posts, it looks like the sc520 port is in bad shape. I tried
compiling sc520_spunk and sc520_cdp and they are missing so many files and have
some so many linker problems (due to missing files and broken linker script) It
looks like some PCI stuff must have disappeared along the way somewhere too ...

> objcopy --gap-fill=0xff -O srec u-boot u-boot.srec

I removed the --gap-fill=0xff and I was able to create an srec file. I think
objcopy was spending all its time filling in 0xff ... I don't know if it works
yet, but at least I was able to complete a make.

Perhaps the sc520_xxxx ports should be marked as "incomplete" or "broken"?

regards,

Aras