[U-Boot-Users] how to run hello_world

Smith, Craig craig.d.smith at siemens.com
Thu Oct 7 19:38:30 CEST 2004

>>As described in u-boot readme file

In case you didn't know, the DULG is also a great source of info.
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Manual

>>to run hello_world example we have to write "loads"
>>but this command doesnt seem to work with me and give the following msg
>>Unknown command 'loads' - try 'help'

Make sure you have CFG_CMD_LOADS (or CONFIG_CMD_DFL) included in the
definition of CONFIG_COMMANDS your board's config header file.

>>and when i give the command go 40004 Hello World! This is a test.
>>following error msg appears
>>## Starting application at 0x00040004 ...
>>Bus Fault @ 0x00000700, fixup 0x00000000
>>Machine check in kernel mode.

This is expected behavior if you haven't loaded the program.

Regards,
-Craig