[U-Boot-Users] (no subject)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 7 20:26:30 CEST 2004

In message <24857.212.50.56.195.1097168150.squirrel at new.host.name> you wrote:

> Does u-boot communicate with any hardware on PCI bus without using
> interrupts. Is this the common way for u-boot (I mean u-boot ports for
> different architectures, especially comparing with prort for the mpc824x
> arch.).

Normally U-Boot uses polled drivers only,  i.  e.  it  does  not  use
interrupts.

> By the way, I have to say that leds on the ethernet card did never blink
> under u-boot. (Obviously it is running/blinking on some other Linux PC's).
> Does it mean something informative (except that it doesn't work)...

It may mean anything. For example,  you  might  have  missed  to  add
DC2114x support to your configuration file.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If I don't document something, it's usually either for a good reason,
or a bad reason.  In this case it's a good reason.  :-)
                 - Larry Wall in <1992Jan17.005405.16806 at netlabs.com>