[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on floppy from x86

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 7 20:28:57 CEST 2004

In message <20041007152800.73751.qmail at web90008.mail.scd.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I read that u-boot can be installed on a floppy and
> can be booted from the floppy. Is it possible on an

Where did you read this? I never heard about this, bu t I  definitely
would like to know!

> I downloaded u-boot-1.1.1. The README says that u-boot
> can be used for i386 CPUs and architecture. But, the
> Makefile has only one entry for i386 for AMD SC520
> CDP. I need to do "make <arch>_config" first and not
> sure which one I should do for an x86 target system.

Obviously SC520 as this is the only supported x86 board -  and  don;t
expect  to  find  complete and working code. The x86 port seems to be
stuck in the "work in [no more] progress" state.

> My main objective is to write my own commands in the
> u-boot monitor source program, and test it when u-boot
> boots the system.
>
> Any suggestions?

Go on, start fixinbg the problems. Your patches will be welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Unibus timeout fatal trap program lost sorry"  -  An  error  message
printed by DEC's RSTS operating system for the PDP-11