[U-Boot-Users] Re: how to run hello_world

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 8 20:11:24 CEST 2004

In message <20041008132154.14864.qmail at web25405.mail.ukl.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>    Please tell me where can i find hello_world.bin file and where should it be put on the host system to be accessible from u-boot based target system with tftpboot command.

You can find it in the examples/ directory (after  building  u-boot),
and  you  load  it  to the address it is linked for - 0x40000 in this
case.

> It will be quite helpful for me if you can stepwise describe the procedure as I am unable to understand it from the denx tutorial.

Maybe you explain which part of
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/UBootStandalone#Section_5.12.1.
you were unable to understand so we can improve the documentation.

I thought the description on this page was pretty explicit...

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Systems programmers are the high priests of a low cult.
                                                       -- R.S. Barton