[U-Boot-Users] Problems accessing flash on OMAP 1510 Innovator

Stephen Johnson steve at research.panasonic.com
Tue Oct 12 18:15:56 CEST 2004

I'm trying to install and run u-boot in an OMAP Innovator 1510 board.  I've
downloaded the CVS version of u-boot, configured it with "make
omap1510inn_config" and compiled it with no problem.  It's installed in the
flash and runs.  The problem is the flash can't be found -- on startup up
Flash: 0 kB is reported and I can't save anything.  Other flash accesses are
similar.  Sample output follows where I've powered on the board, run
"flinfo", and tried to do a "saveenv".

Any help would be appreciated.

                Steve

U-Boot 1.1.2 (Oct  8 2004 - 16:03:40)

U-Boot code: 11080000 -> 110953A8  BSS: -> 110998E8
RAM Configuration:
Bank #0: 10000000 32 MB
Flash:  0 kB
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
OMAP1510 Innovator # flinfo

Bank # 1: missing or unknown FLASH type
OMAP1510 Innovator # setenv bootdelay 10
OMAP1510 Innovator # printenv
bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200n8 noinitrd root=/dev/nfs ip=bootp
bootcmd=bootp;tftp;bootm
baudrate=115200
autoload=n
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial
bootdelay=10

Environment size: 170/131068 bytes
OMAP1510 Innovator # saveenv
Saving Environment to Flash...
Error: start and/or end address not on sector boundary
OMAP1510 Innovator #