[U-Boot-Users] ARM VersatilePB - Fixed flash support

Philippe Robin Philippe.Robin at arm.com
Thu Oct 14 15:43:02 CEST 2004

Shawn,

> One issue I've encoutered is flash write timeout of a big
> chunk of data (> 128KB). Write always times out no matter how
> big the value of CFG_FLASH_WRITE_TOUT is. The issue hasn't
> been solved yet. Any hints are appreciated.

I have tried with removing the test for timeout in the write_data()
routine, just looping on the status:

    while (((status = *addr) & (FPW) 0x00800080) != (FPW) 0x00800080) ;

This worked fine for large amounts of data so the timeout value is
probably too low. Let me know if this is the same with your setting.

Regards,
Philippe