[U-Boot-Users] Those hello_world compilation problems

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Thu Oct 14 22:29:05 CEST 2004

Folks,

I did some digging on our toolchain here on our
new Yellowdog 4.0 installed machines.  They have
a 3.3.2 compiler on them by default, apparently.

As someone else discerned, that cause an issue with
the dummy() function being static in the stubs.o file
for the examples directory.

I've found that all appears to be better if the test
in the example/stubs.c file is changed from:

    #if GCC_VERSION < 3004
    #if GCC_VERSION < 3003

(BTW, the GCC_VERSION symbol, google revealed, comes
from ansidecl.h.  Oh yeah.)

I'm not sure of the generality of this fix, so I am
reluctant to submit a direct patch for it.  Perhaps
someone more familiar with the details of either the
YDL 4.0 or GCC 3.3 vs 3.4 releases can speak authoritatively
on this issue.

HTH,
jdl