[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for atmel at91rm9200 QI-002 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 16 10:45:20 CEST 2004

In message <20041016074312.6060.qmail at web90005.mail.scd.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> We have an atmel at91rm9200 qi-002 board from a vendor
> having vendor's monitor image, ramdisk image, and
> kernel image 2.4.19-rmk7 in flash.
>
> I tried to use u-boot 1.1.1 with the configuration of
> at91rm2900dk_config:

This will usually only work on the AT91RM2900DK board.

> This generated the requried u-boot, u-boot.bin,
> u-boot.srec files. I tried to run it from the target
> ARM SDRAM, but, nothing happened. No output at all.

This is to be expected, and twice so: First, you are running  with  a
probaly inappropriate board configuration, and second, U-Boot must be
installed in flash, replacing the original boot loader.

> Do I have to rewrite the entire configuration files
> for the new target board for u-boot to work on the new
> board? Any suggestions?

Yes, you must port U-Boot to new hardware.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
        ... Hiroshima 45 ... Chernobyl 86 ... Windows 95 ...