[U-Boot-Users] TFTP configuration Vs gdb response time !

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 16 22:55:57 CEST 2004

In message <71555548814716479478431542AA5F8A0197F92E at dlee2k04.ent.ti.com> you wrote:
> There is no support for GDB debugging for ARM u-boot.  Most jtag
> debuggers are plenty good for that task anyway.  With some work you can
> use kgdb for the kernel, and gdb for applications.

I'm not exactly sure what you want to tell us, or how this relates to
the question of the original poster. He wrote:

> >  	- ARM11 based target board, having its own IP address
> >  	- BDI2000, having its own IP address

So it seems clear to me that he is using the BDI2000  with  interface
software  bdiGDB  to  connect from a GDB session on his PC. This is a
standard setup that works fine in many, many cases.

Your statement about "no  support  for  GDB  debugging  for  ARM"  is
confusing at best.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In accord with UNIX philosophy, Perl gives you enough  rope  to  hang
yourself.              - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_