[U-Boot-Users] Another RTL8139 problem

Santoso, Yusdi Yusdi_Santoso at adaptec.com
Wed Oct 20 11:35:01 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with RTL8139 driver on my dev board (hidden dragon-MPC 8241). Some of you might remember my question regarding setting _IO_BASE for the RTL8139. I have that one solved by setting it to (believe it or not) 0x00000000. Seems like the dev->iobase is set correctly to the device memory space without needing extra _IO_BASE. I verified this by doing memory dump with BDI2000 at the iobase address.

To test my settings, I enabled the PING command. The network module was able to detect the presence of the link and to send packet out (I used ethereal on the other end to sniff the packets). My development machine also replied with the appropriate packet as reported by ethereal.

Now the problem is that the RTL8139 did not recieve any packet (ChipCmd & RxEmptyBuf != 0) at any time. What could be the problem?
Is anybody else using RTL8139 in u-boot? What is your experience?

Thanks,

Yusdi