[U-Boot-Users] Switching of LCD controller before reboot?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Fri Oct 22 09:14:20 CEST 2004

Hi there,

my i.MX based board does not reboot but hangs when doing "reset" (on u-boot) or
"reboot" (on linux) when the internal LCD contoller is enabled. Thus I have to
disable the LCD contoller before doing that.

Something else:

The AT91RM9200DK needs to "shutdown the console to avoid strange chars during
reset".

So my question is:
Where would be the appropriate place for stuff like that?
Should we clobber cpu/arm920t/cpu.c with all the processor or board specific
reset related stuff?
Or would it be better to have something like

         cpu_init,               /* basic cpu dependent setup */
         board_init,             /* basic board dependent setup */
         cpu_reset,              /* basic cpu dependent reset */
         board_reset,            /* basic board dependent reset */
or
	prepare_reset

based on defines like CONFIG_BOARD_PRE_RESET or something?

Thanks.

--
Steven Scholz