R: [U-Boot-Users] Switching of LCD controller before reboot?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 22 20:41:33 CEST 2004

In message <4179076F.3050702 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> > Why you'll not use the already implemented do_reset() in cpu/arm920t/cpu.c ?
>
> Because I don't want to be the one that started clobbering cpu/arm920t/cpu.c
> with SoC specific code!

Then just add something like

	#ifdef CONFIG_BOARD_PRE_RESET
		board_pre_reset()
	#endif

and implement this function in your board specific code.

> IMHO Code for i.MX does not belong into cpu/arm920t/cpu.c. Neither does code for
> AT91RM9200. Although both are based on a ARM920T core!

Please feel free to submit a patch to clean up. So far  your  patches
were usually accepted without much discussion.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"You shouldn't make my toaster angry." - Household security explained
in "Johnny Quest"