[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Introducing CONFIG_BOARD_PRE_RESET

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 25 20:05:37 CEST 2004

In message <417D0D67.2000000 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> as mentioned on list before some boards/cpus might need some extra code to be
> executed _before_ rebooting. E.g. the i.MX hangs when doing "reset" while the
> LCD controller is still enabled.

I remember that we discussed this before, but now that I think  about
this  again  I changed my mind: I don't think there is a valid reason
to add this code.

> That is why I'd like to introduce CONFIG_BOARD_PRE_RESET and board_pre_reset().

No. You write: i.MX hangs when doing "reset". I guess the board  does
not  hand  if  you  power cycle it, or if you press the reset button,
right? So the conclusion is that the reset code does not do what  you
think it does - i. e. it does not cause a reset of the processor.

This is a problem that should be fixed. Once fixed, this patch is not
needed any more.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You don't have to worry about me. I might have been born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night.